Ear surgery, or “otoplasty,” is a surgical procedure performed to reshape, reposition, or enhance the appearance of the ears. At Guelph Facial Plastics, Dr. Matthew D. Brace, a specialist in facial plastic surgery, performs ear surgeries with the utmost precision and artistry. With a focus exclusively on surgery of the face and neck, Dr. Brace’s exceptional training and expertise allow his patients to achieve very natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing outcomes.
Custom ear surgeries
- Otoplasty: Otoplasty or “ear pinning” surgically reshapes the ears to reduce prominence.
- Lobuloplasty: A lobuloplasty reshapes the earlobes, usually to correct a sagging elongated appearance.
- Gauged ear repair: Gauge ear repair is performed to restore a natural appearance to earlobes stretched by spacers. The lobe can be re-pierced after healing.
- Slot ear repair: A slot ear repair is performed on patients with a partially torn pierced earlobe at the edge but not through it. Slot ear deformities make it difficult or impossible to wear earrings that use a post and backing, with the earring falling through the piercing. The ear can be re-pierced after a slot ear repair.
- Lacerated ear lobe repair: This problem is caused by an earring splitting the earlobe. Once repaired and healed, the earlobe can be re-pierced.
- Ear trauma reconstruction: When the ears have been affected by trauma or skin cancer, Dr. Brace offers advanced ear reconstruction.