Ear reshaping surgery, or “otoplasty,” is a surgical procedure performed to reshape, reposition, or enhance the appearance of the ears. At Guelph Facial Plastics, Dr. Matthew D. Brace, a specialist in facial plastic surgery, performs ear surgeries with the utmost precision and artistry. With a focus exclusively on surgery of the face and neck, Dr. Brace’s exceptional training and expertise allow his patients to achieve very natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing outcomes.
Are you a candidate for ear surgery?
Ear surgery can be life-changing for individuals seeking to address ear-related concerns. If you have any of the following issues, you may be an ideal candidate for ear surgery at Guelph Facial Plastics:
- Prominent ears: If you feel self-conscious due to protruding ears, otoplasty repositions the ears to lie naturally against the head for a balanced appearance.
- Ear deformities: Individuals with congenital ear deformities, such as misshapen or asymmetrical ears, can benefit from ear reconstruction surgery, where Dr. Brace’s expertise can create a natural-looking ear structure.
- Earlobe damage: Torn or stretched earlobes can result from injury, heavy or gauged earrings. Repairing or reduction can create a proportionate and aesthetically pleasing earlobe appearance.
- More prominent earlobes: If you have earlobes that are excessively large or elongated, earlobe reduction surgery can resize them to enhance facial harmony.
- Age-related changes: Otoplasty is effective for both adults and younger individuals. It can address age-related changes in the ears, such as sagging or elongation, or correct aesthetic ear concerns associated with significant weight loss.
- Dissatisfaction with previous surgery: If you’ve had prior ear surgery that did not achieve the desired results or left you with an unnatural appearance, a revision otoplasty by Dr. Brace can correct these issues.
- Good overall health: To undergo ear surgery safely, candidates should be in good general health and safe to undergo minor surgery.
- Non-smoker: Being a non-smoker is essential for optimal healing and reduced risk of complications after ear surgery.